Saturday 2 July 2011

Summer inspiration

Evening all,






It's like a hotel here - Sophie has checked back in after a fab time in Germany and now Isabel has checked out to a friend's birthday sleepover ! It's definitely quieter when they're not here together lol !

Todays projects were inspired by my floral efforts yesterday. The brief was to do something to put on a table for a summer picnic or barbecue. I decided to use a salad bowl and float the flowers in water.................



A few sliced lemons and skewered strawberries means it smells yummy too ! See that jasmine leaf bottom left, doesn't it look like the one from Baby Blossoms ?





I must confess I'm not a big fan of gerberas but these were so vibrant. Anyway I needed to make a card and a little box for a bracelet so inspired by my floristry this is what I came up with.............




Colours are Real Red, Whisper White and a variety of greens, Pear Pizzazz, Old Olive, Certainly Celery andWild Wasabi. The flowers are from the versatile Greenhouse Garden and the leaf IS from Baby Blossoms. Sentiment from Party this Way and frame from Four Frames.



Hope you enjoyed seeing where my inspiration came from. Back tomorrow x

1 comment: