Monday 28 February 2011

Cherish Always

Morning all, something different from me today !


During recent chats with Jules she has encouraged me to have a go at scrapbooking. It's not something I have ever really tried and if I'm honest it didn't really interest me - I just didn't 'get it' !


Well, while tidying the bottom of my wardrobe (I did get round to it eventually) I came across a bag of photos and one photo in particular jumped out at me - yes I did think Baja Breeze lol !!


It's a picture taken a couple of years ago and is one of my favourite ever photos of Isabel. When she is a rebellious, gothic looking teenager I will be able to look back and see how sweet and innocent she was once !


It was taken at Discovery Cove in Florida during a fab day when we swam with the dolphins and holds very special memories.





The swirls on the Elegant Soiree paper are perfect to represent the sea. Hearts are from I {heart} Hearts and stamped in Baja Breeze and Crumb Cake.

I used Tiny Tags and a marker to add the date and do you like my ribbon ruffle..............?

A bow just wasn't right ! Few gorgeous pearls to decorate.

I was going to save this for my next post ( amazingly my 100th ! ) but I was so excited I just couldn't wait ! I really enjoyed making this and hadn't realised before how powerful it is to create with a special image and memory.

If you 've never tried scrapbooking , choose a photo that's special to you and give it a go - I know you will be amazed !

The sentiment is a mixture of Baroque Motifs (again ) and Always Elegant but is so apt as this is a memory I WILL cherish always.

Off to find some more photos x

3 comments:

  1. Julie this is beautiful and will be something to treasure. I love scrap booking too and just wish I had more time to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. simply beautiful, the colour combo is perfect. Like Vicky I wish I had more time to "scrap" xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. YIPPPPPEEEEEE You did it and its gorgeous, you are a natural!!! So proud of you!! Now organise some classes for the school mums!! Jules x

    ReplyDelete