Saturday 1 January 2011

Happy New Year !

Welcome back and a very Happy New Year to you all !


Hope you have all enjoyed the festivities and Santa has been very generous !

We have had a really enjoyable Christmas time closely followed by Sophie's 12th Birthday. She has delighted in telling me today that she will be a teenager this year ! At what age do we stop adding the years on and start worrying about taking them off ? I know I have been stuck at 21 for a (short !) while now lol - think I will have to pretend she is my younger sister !


Have you made any New Years resolutions ?


Apart from the usual lose 2 stone ( I wish) I think I will try to be more organised with my own personal Christmas cards this year to prevent the mad scramble the week before Christmas when I have finished my orders and realise the last posting day is tomorrow !


To that end I have decided to let you know at the end of each month , how many Christmas cards I have accumulated so far - how long do you think that will last ?
If you haven't heard anything by June , someone please remind me lol !


I thought I would start the new year by choosing a few of my favourite projects from the last one, so here goes .....





The first one is the lovely combination of Old Olive and Rich Razzleberry and uses an image from one of last years FREE stamps from Sale-a-bration. There are some gorgeous sets up for grabs this year so please contact me for details and you could earn yourself some freebies !



Love this sweet little birdhouse and I have used this versatile bird punch so many times !



Chocolate Chip and Soft Suede and a whole frenzy of stamp sets- En Francais, Oval All, Flight of the Butterfly, Greenhouse Garden and Vintage Vogue- but don't they all go together well ?




The very striking combination of Real Red and Basic Black no neutrals here !



The beautiful Elegant Soiree design papers- too nice to use lol !The very dashing Dasher- kept him warm with a scrf as it's been so cold.


Some of the new colours - Pear Pizzazz with Baja Breeze. I made 5 of these sets for Christmas presents and they were all well received.


My pink pirate card - I had great fun being unconventional !


My personal highlight - discovering how to make a Christmas tree with one of the Tiny Tags stamps - it was such a Eureka moment and I was so excited.


I eventually got round to the monochromatic version too !


Hope you have enjoyed my reminiscing- it has taken me nearly an hour to do this post cos I kept looking at all my old photos.


I think even this small selection shows the variety and wonderful colour combinations that can be achieved with the Stampin' Up products. If you would like to order anything (with the potential of FREE stamps ) please contact me.

Which one was your favourite ?

1 comment:

  1. Julie I LOVED the card you sent me in the post but I think my favourite is the sculpted flowers you did, just love them!!! I need a lesson in them!! Jules x

    ReplyDelete