Tuesday 21 September 2010

A couple of firsts

Hi, have you had chance to enjoy the sunshine today ? I've been at work but did do a little gardening when I got back as it was still nice. Thought I'd better stop when it got dark lol - we have been known to have bats in our garden and they make me jump even though they are tiny !

I have a confession to make - todays card is the first time I have used So Saffron despite having the card and ink for quite a while now.

I must admit yellow is probably my least favourite colour but I do actually like this shade although whenever I pick it up to use I tend to have a mental block.

Does anyone else find certain colours more difficult than others ?

Anyway , inspired by some of the beautiful autumn colours around at the moment I decided to be brave .......

This card also includes another first - the first time I have used my brayer. I used Rose Red and Soft Suede ink but I think more practice is needed !

Used linen thread to make the centre of the butterfly and a little bow for the tag.

Still not completely convinced, what do you think ?

2 comments:

  1. I love it! You are using my new favourite stamp - En Français - and it looks fabulous on the brayered background! Those little linen thread details are great too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Julie - colour combo is great.
    Chris xx

    ReplyDelete