Monday 18 April 2011

Itty Bitty ideas



Evening all,


Hope you all enjoyed the sunshine this weekend. Ours was dominated by Hubby building some Ikea wardrobes and I won't bore you with all the details but it involved them being too tall for the ceiling, borrowing a neighbours van and 3 visits to 2 different branches of Ikea !!! This was all after the old ones had been dismantled , put in the skip and the contents piled up in all the other bedrooms !


I'm pleased to report it's all sorted now and I can get into bed again lol !


Despite all the mess (it made my desk look tidy ! ) I made a bookmark to go with the card from my last post. This was an idea shared by Jules at training.



While decorating it I made a little discovery that you can make some sweet little embellishments by punching out the Sprintime Vintage paper with the Itty Bitty punches . Let me show you what I mean............So simple but very effective. I also found that the large owl eyes from the Owl Punch are perfect to mount them on.


Finished with a little pearl and a very quick addition to a card.


I used the oh so useful top note die again, decorative label punch (embossed with square lattice) and the patterned shape is done by stamping the shape from Baby Blossoms on the reverse and then cutting round it.

I was quite pleased with my little discoveries so thought it was worth sharing - another excuse to keep all those little scraps and the piece I punched them out of was also used as the strip behind the top note die on the above card !


Off to see what other shapes I can punch out lol !

2 comments:

  1. Love the cute bookmark Julie! Thanks for sharing the ides on punching the different shapes!
    Hugs, Vicky ~x~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh brilliant Julie - thanks for sharing these handy tips!

    ReplyDelete