Wednesday 3 August 2011

Always Elegant does Christmas






Wow, it's been a hot one today !

So what have I been doing ? Making Christmas cards lol ! Yes, I know but I recently treated myself to the Ornament punch and I just had to try it - I'm sure you understand.

Stampin Up do some beautiful stamps that match this punch but unfortunately I haven't got any (yet) so I just had to be more creative and use something else to decorate my baubles.

I decided to use Always Elegant which is perhaps traditionally a wedding/ anniversary set. It is excellent value (only £10.95 for the clear version ) and the little scallop edge is just perfect for these baubles..............



Top tip : if you find it difficult to line up the decoration , you might find it easier to do this bit first......


You can then position the punch exactly where you want it and the extra bits at the sides make it easier to move it about.


The little flower is from Boho Blossoms with a bit of bling added.


For the next one I used the largest stamp from this set, again stamping first and then placing the punch over the top




Punched 2 shapes for added dimension on this one.


And finally I made a z fold card and incorporated the Always sentiment with help from the Timeless Type alphabet



I must make some Christmas cards that aren't Old Olive, Very Vanilla and Cherry Cobbler lol! My normal excuse is that I love the Jolly Holidays papers but the only paper I have used this time is from Springtime Vintage, again not one you think of for Christmas !


If you use any other stamp sets to decorate your baubles please let me know. I have got some other ideas ( in other colours ! ) but that will be another day .................


No comments:

Post a Comment