Sunday 28 November 2010

Feeling Festive

Hiya, hope you are all keeping warm.


We have had a lovely weekend which has a had a festive feel to it. Yesterday we woke to snow, although only a light covering it was enough to look pretty without causing chaos !


Today we have visited Moseley Old Hall , a local National Trust property where King Charles hid in a priest hole in the 17th century.


The girls made some traditional decorations





Sweet aren't they ? We also all had to stir the Christmas pudding and make a wish - I can't tell you though cos then it won't come true !!! No, it didn't involve the UPS man lol, it was a bit more deep and meaningful than that !


Think what I should have wished for was a new USB cable for my camera, I have to hold this one in a certain place and keep perfectly still , must get round to getting a new one !


Anyway, I have eventually managed to upload something to show you. After weeks of looking at adoringly, stroking and sniffing ( ?) I have eventually been brave and taken the plunge and cut my Elegant Soiree papers - well just one sheet !!

Used Growing Green to make white paper - this set makes wonderful background paper. Flower from Boho Blossoms punch with a brad from the neutrals set and greeting from Occasional Greetings.Turned the design paper over and used a bit from the other side. Bit of the gorgeous Marina Mist taffeta ribbon on this one too !

Off to wrap a few more pressies, while I'm still in the mood ! x

4 comments:

  1. The visit to Moseley Old Hall sounds fun - those decorations are cute! I know what you mean about the elegant soireƩ paper - but it's no good looking at it, it needs to be used! Pretty cards, the colours are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love these cards Julie, your cards are always so elegant xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your cards the colour combo is beautiful. I am a new demonstrator with Julie so I thought I would pop in and say hi.

    I have addd your blog to my links I hope you don't mind.

    laura xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Julie fab cards as usual, I made one with those papers today too! Love them!
    Jules x

    ReplyDelete