Saturday 21 August 2010

Festive Birdhouse

Christmas is a coming ......

Well maybe not just yet but you can never be too organised. Preparations do start early in our house as we have a mad, mad fortnight in December when both my girls have their birthdays and Christmas is in between !!

Yes, I have constantly been told that was not very well planned but I must have been thinking of other things at the time lol ! There is also 3 years between them so one year they will be 18 and 21 and Christmas in the same fortnight - better start saving now !!

In fact their Christmas birthdays were one of the reasons I started card making as you can never find any nice birthday cards in December as the stock is hidden away to make room for Christmas cards. Surely just as many people are born in December ??!

Anyway as I have started buying a few things thought I would make something festive today.Decided to try the birdhouse today but make it festive using Real Red, Soft Suede and Old Olive.
Added some Flowersoft for the snow then realised I preferred it without - don't you just hate it when that happens ? Think I need an undo button lol !

Made a little card to match with the very useful Punches Three hostess set.

Are you feeling festive yet ? xx

2 comments:

  1. Love your christmas version Julie! The little robin is soooo cute. Thanks for stopping by my blog and glad you found the birdhouse tutorial useful.

    J :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My birthday is in December too Julie, so it is always a rush to Xmas. love this project xx

    ReplyDelete